Thursday, 21 April 2011

The Supermarket Game

This isn't my idea. I'm just joining in.

The originator of TSG is Cubinoid. Here's his introduction to the game and subsequent efforts.
Photographs are judged marks out of ten in two categories: COMPOSITION - Camerawork, scene set up etc. and POSE.

View his original blog post, rules and his own entries here:
http://supermarketgame.blogspot.com/2011/02/supermarket-game-welcome.html

From Cubinoid's own blog, here are the laws of the game as written by the grand Master himself:
 +++++++++++++++++
"The game is simple: Whilst your spouse or partner is busy shopping "hands free", leaving you to push the trolley, you reach into your pocket and whip out your trusty camera-phone device.

Wait until they are looking at the object of desire, wait...wait...until their eyes gleam with wanting to touch the object of desire...wait until the magic moment and SNAP!

Take a photo of them. It's that simple".
++++++++++++++++++



And here is my first entry into what will surely become a future Olympic Sport (but not next year, as they're.. rant rant rant...)





So, she isn't my partner, she's Tigger, my sister, but I'm quite sure it still counts. Here she is looking for some cosmetics. Also, Superdrug is not really a supermarket either. In fact, I don't think this is a valid entry at all.

COMPOSITION: Well, Considering it contravenes most of the laws of the game (subject is not my partner, location is not a supermarket), I don't think the photo's too bad. There's an annoying black spot on the tile by her foot, but I do like the way the floor tiles and the line of the shelves run off into the distance, drawing the viewer's eye up the aisle. The lighting isn't too bad and for a camera phone, the shot actually came out okay.

I'm going to give this ●●●●●●○○○○ (6/10)

POSE: Great pose. I call it "Crouching Tigger, Hidden Nailfile". She's cradling the febreeze as Indiana Jones would cradle solid gold Sun God Idols whilst tinkering with some unseen boobytrap in a wall. Speaking of which, Stop looking at my sister's boobies.

I think for pose, this gets a ●●●●●●●○○○ (7/10).

I'm being really generous with this, but for a first attempt, I'm rather pleased. I am of course, very open to criticique and will adjust the score accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment